Tuesday, December 26, 2006

Purpose Driven Life - Day 1

It All Starts with God...

I've got this book maybe around 2 years already- a friend's gift, but this Christmas just got the real chance to read it, and really ponder on it. Because now I got plenty of time to read, to think, to reflect and to write...

The writer of this book, Rick Warren, gave a reflective question, at the front page of this book, WHAT ON EARTH AM I HERE FOR?
So, the journey itself is to find the real symphony of life which is in line with the arranger, God Himself!

Each day will have its own point to reflect, verse to remember, and question to consider...
I found myself a little bit lazy to write down my diary, and since blogging has made a wonderful change in this world, so here I am, try to write down whatever my thoughts are during the 40 days reading this book, as well as try to commit myself to write down the thoughts, the insights that I've got, and the most important thing, is to synchronize my melody of life with God's composition...

Day One:
Point to ponder: It's not about me.
Like what Rick wrote in his book..." The purpose of your life is greater than your own personal fulfillment, your peace of mind, or even your happiness. It's far greater than your family, your career, or even your wildest dreams and ambitions. If you want to know why you were placed on this planet, you must begin with God. You were born by his purpose and for his purpose."

I just remembered, how many times in my life, I always become the queen, I am the centre, I am the most important thing in my own life. What the teenager said is like a narcissistic behaviour
( Wikipedia said: Narcissism describes the character trait of self love.
The word is derived from a
Greek myth. Narcissus was a handsome Greek youth who rejected the desperate advances of the nymph Echo. As punishment, he was doomed to fall in love with his own reflection in a pool of water. Unable to consummate his love, Narcissus pined away and changed into the flower that bears his name, the narcissus.)

For quite some time, maybe this kinda behaviour ever occurs in our life, and not to mention my own life. Me, myself, is the centre of the universe... Maybe in the middle of adversities that happened, I can see that God exists, I understand His Existence is without a doubt is so real. In the middle of the Yogya's quake, in the middle of Aceh's tsunami, in the middle of flood in Malaysia, in the dying of my relative, I know it's unavoidable, and me--my bigself in my mirror can not do a single thing to change that. I'm small, I'm not the centre of the universe, even in my own universe... God is the leading actor, not me... I only take a small tiny role in this film... It's not me, it's You, God!

What if the condition is contrarian to the 1st one that I mentioned above?
Most of the time when I'm happy and successful, what usually I do? Who is the 1st one that I thanked when I got my bonus, when I got a raise in my salary? Do I realize it from God, the source of everything I have and it's only because of His Generousity?
Or it's the same old song played over and over again, it's me againnnn! I'm so damn good in doing those things... I'm very smart, I'm very capable, and not to mention I'm talented...

Well, it's not an easy thing to really make," It's not about me," come true in this daily life...*sigh*
But, I need to try -at least starting today- knowing that I gotta get out of my boring narcissism and surrender it to the Lord. I'm nothing without Him, I will be lost without Him.

Verse to Remember:
Everything got started in him and find its purpose in him... (Collosians 1:16b)
I need to bring back to the way it used to be, how it should be started in the first place. It's all starting in Him, and of course it should be back to His very own track to live my life to the fullest...

Question to Consider:
In spite of all the advertising around me, how can I remind myself that life is really about living for God, not myself?
God, please teach me to concentrate more on You and less of me, so that I could really understand what you want me to do in this life... I'd like to try the very best to live for you, and not only for myself... Let me change my old fashion way of thinking who might be out of date and please renew me... Amen...(-fon-)



No comments:

Post a Comment