Tuesday, December 26, 2006

Purpose Driven Life - Day 2

You Are Not an Accident

You are not an accident.
Your birth was no mistake or mishap, and your life is no fluke of nature. Your parents may not have planned you, but God did!
He was not all surprised by your birth. In fact, He expected it.
Long before you were conceived by your parents, you were conceived in the mind of God. He thought of you first. It is not fate, nor chance, nor luck, nor coincidence that you are breathing at this moment. You are alive because God wanted to create you!

Day 2:
Point to ponder: I am not an accident
Sometimes it's hard to believe, especially when everything goes wrong and facing some really tough problems, to keep repeating to ourselves that we're not accidentally born in this world...
For some of us, maybe our birth seemed unplanned by our parents. Or in some cases, the parents wanted a baby boy so much , but when you're born you turn out to be a baby girl, or visa versa...
Or so many unlucky things happen in your life, you might wonder, " Does God really want me in this world? And it is not by coincidence that I've been breathing this earth's fresh air everyday?
But the prologue of the 2nd day's reflection from this book, assure me once more that I'm not accidentally landed in this planet called earth in the 1st place. Long longggg ago, before my mom and dad planned on my birth, God has already written my name on His palm... Like What the bible said, " I am your Creator. You were in my care even before you were born." (Isaiah 44:2a)

Verse to remember:
Like what I've mentioned before, " I am your Creator. You were in my care even before you were born. ( Isaiah 44:2a)"

Question to Consider:
Knowing that God uniquely created me, what areas of my personality, background, and physical appearance am I struggling to accept?

By the time I read the question above, I began to think I got lots of areas that I can't accept... Wish they were all better...
But I know and realize as well, I can't choose my race, my origin country, or even my mom who delivered me some decades ago in this world. There's nothing I can do, except accepting it as God's plan for me.
And also for physical appearance, maybe I got some minor complaints - you know girl thing haha- never satisfied with their own appearance, even a top model like Heide Klum must have her own struggle accepting her Goddess-alike look... Coz' no woman will ever satisfy with their own appearance, you know...:)
Maybe it's about my height, my weight, my face, my hair, the color of my eyes... I'll try to be thankful for what I am... Because I wasn't built by God recklessly, but on the other hand, He has shown me more care than I could ever thought of. He planned every detail of me... And I must be thankful since I'm perfect, meaning that I don't have any handicap. I can see, I can hear, I can talk, I can walk... Should be thankful rather than keep complaining... A walk of faith starts with the attitude of giving thanks...
God, help me to accept what I can't change, and give me the courage to change whatever I'm able to change in You. Amen (-fon-)







No comments:

Post a Comment