Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Simon Cowell: I’m Gonna Miss You…



The two finalists have already performed their best on the finale tonight. Tomorrow, American Idol will crown the new winner. Winner of Season 9. Either Lee or Crystal, both have done their best… Of course eventually the person who gets more votes will be the winner. But being in the final itself has already been something BIG. So, both of them are winners…J

Sadly, this is also the last season of Simon Cowell as a judge there. Year after year watching him- well, at first I think he’s kind of arrogant and fierce. Can’t say good or positive words, mostly negative or complaints only. But after quite some time, I realized that he’s just being honest. He will praise the contestants if they’re good or outstanding. And the other way around, he’ll complain about them if they’re not. He’s just being realistic by telling the truth. And it’s sometimes painful to know the truth, right?

Few days ago, I found a news regarding Simon. Yes, his wedding is coming soon. But, another big thing is: his confession to Oprah about his depression and his failure in the past. Imagining that he’s one of the richest person in the industry right now, it’s kind of hard to believe that once upon a time-around 20 years ago- he was broke (he lost his car, his job, his house and needed to stay with his parents). Somehow, he’s the role model of how to deal with failure and becomes successful. Your past doesn’t define your future, like what Bo Sanchez usually said….He has shown me that he’s a winner of life.

LOS ANGELES - Simon Cowell showed Americans his softer side on Thursday, telling Oprah Winfrey he suffered from depression and that he had made "some absolutely horrific mistakes" in the past.

The normally abrasive "American Idol" judge said during an appearance on "The Oprah Winfrey Show" that he was prone to dark moods.

"I get very, very down," Cowell said "Pretty much depression. what I always say is, 'You're taking yourself too seriously, so stop it.' At the same time, you should never put a painted smile on. When you're feeling down, you're feeling down."

Cowell, 50, who also has his own record label and created the TV shows "America's Got Talent" and "The X-Factor," said he sometimes felt drained by the demands of his work.

"You just become aware that a lot of people depend on you, rely on you, or you're not giving people the time you should be giving them. It's almost like a guilt thing, and that does drain me," he said.

Often seen as arrogant because of his stinging put-downs to aspiring singers, Cowell admitted that he had a strong ego.

But life hasn't always been kind. He recalled the time 20 years ago when he lost his job, car and home and had to move back to live with his parents in Britain when a business deal went wrong.

"I made some absolutely horrific mistakes. I believed my own ego, believed my own hype, believed my own abilities, and lots of times it came crashing down," he said. "I thought I was absolutely untouchable."

Cowell's interview with Winfrey was broadcast a week before the May 26 finale of "American Idol", which will mark the end of his eight year association with the most-watched TV show in the United States. (Reuters republished in Yahoo).

I think I’m going to miss Simon: his comments, his honesty, his realistic statements while he’s judging the contestants in American Idol (AI). Not the kind of feeling when Paula Abdul left last season. Because honestly for me, Paula has been playing a very good role: never complains, always see the positive sides, but sometimes we need to hear the truth even though it’s not easy to take, but it will definitely become a constructive criticism for the contestants to move forward. To be better.

Simon has taught me how to be a winner in this life by dealing very well with his failure and move forward. And stick to honesty even though it’s not a sweet thing to hear? Oh yeah, I’ve learned some of them…or lots of them for the last seven years with him…(I’ve been watching the AI since season 2…).

Bye, Simon…Good luck with your plans…And I’m sure: me and a lot more than you think will going to miss you and your comments in American Idol…Or should I say AI will never be the same without you? Hmmm, time will tell…J

HCMC, May 26 2010

-fon-

* Lee or Crystal? They’re both are winnersJ And Simon? He’s more than a winner in this life:)

Sumber gambar:

http://thejournalista.files.wordpress.com/2009/03/simon_cowell.jpg


2 comments: